Saturday, April 18, 2009

U r tougher than u think

"Last time when your dad is away, i can never sleep well in the night. When there's any noices out of the window, I will open my eye and started to wander around and try to make sure the room is safe--or at least my kids are safe around me. It was the toughest time in my life."

That is what being said by my auntie. I can see there's still some terrified eyes in her. The fear of being alone, without the man in the house.

Wife without husband, a women without a man, just for few days.

My mum had been practised this for years. Till now, 10 years.
And the years still on count.

I wonder how many strength are there in her small body. Strength to withstand the loneliness; strength to do the husband's work; strength to be a mum, and a dad as well. How strong she can be?

When the bulbs in the room were spoiled, how she fixed it when she don't even know how to take them off?

When the tyres of the car were leak, how she fixed it when she barely know how to drive car?

When the letter from government arrived, how she read them when she don't even know the letter is for who?

I wonder how she did it. When dad was not with us.
I wonder how she felt. When we were so young to help her in anything.
I wonder how she get through all those days.

Mum, I love you.

No comments: