Saturday, November 8, 2008

Take me as I am

He's been down and out
He's been wrote about
He's been talked about, constantly
He's been up and down
He's been pushed around
But they held him down, NYC
He has no regrets
He accepts the past
All these things they
helped make to make he
He's been lost and found
And he's still around
There's a reason for everything

You know I've been holdin on.
Try to make me weak,
But I still stay strong.
Put my life all up in these songs
Jus so you can feel me.
so you can get the real me

So take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.
Just take me as I am,
or have nothing at all.

Now he's older now
Yes, he's wiser now
Can't disguise him now
He don't need
No one tellin him
What to do and say
No one tellin him
Who to be
He's on solid ground
He's been lost and found
Now, he answers to G-O-D
And he's confident
This is not the end
Ask me how I know
Cause he is me.


Lyric from : Mary J Blige

No comments: