Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back to origin

Yes, it's been 8 years since I've leave Kuala Lumpur, moving to Kuantan, Temerloh and finally, Mentakab. Though I always claim that I'm a product of Ipoh, I actually live in Pahang for a longer period than in Perak. In fact, scent of pickled fish is more familiar for me, rather than bean sprout chicken -- well, bean sprout chicken has no strong smell afterall.

If not because of the testament thing, I don't think I ever got the chance to go back to Mentakab -- 6 hours journey, 40 bucks of ticket price, and the only 2 times of bus routine daily. It's really exhausting and wallet-digging to be there. However, it's worthy to be there, now. 8 years of time is enough to change many thing. And the little town had change tremendously since then. I get to see many things. Things that I familiar with, things that I'm not familiar with, and things that seems familiar, but yet different with what's in my mind, too. I feel excited to be part of it, and seeing the town grown, it make me feel so old now (p/s: I'm turning 19 in January, finally no more freshly juicy 18 years old).

Got the chance to meet many of the acquaintance in the town -- my wet nurse, my primary school friends, and my old neighbours. They look pretty much just the same, as what I remembered. Suddenly everything seems back to the old time. I've never move to Ipoh. I'm still studying there. I'm still talking in Mandarin. I'm still...never got a chance to watch movie in cinema, or go and sing our heart out in karaoke box, as most of the children in Mentakab.



Funny, it sounds so unbelievable for me now, but that doesn't seems to bother Mentakabian, anyway. And yet, this lack-of-entertainment-lifestyle had results in a good way. Most of my old friends are the top scorer of the country. And me? Better than the worse. Full As, but not straight A1. Love it or hate it, I'm a Menglembuen now.

Food in Mentakab had always seduce me. Hakka's style food suit me more, rather than Ipoh's Cantonese's food. If you ever got a chance to see my kid's pic, you'll know how authentic my words are.


This is the root of all evils of my kiddie's weight -- Che cheong fun. I can't bear with it, at all. Last time, the little vender motor bike will stop in my school's gate. Once the school bell ring, the smell of the sauce will eventually pulled me towards it, and so, I ate lunch, twice, a day. Yes, twice a day -- one in front of the school gate, one on the table of my home's dining table.


The che cheong fun is totally different with what we eat in Ipoh. The sauce is sweet and salty. The che cheong fun is compact and chaw-able. Gosh, my saliva is overflow now...

This is the pic of the food. I don't get the chance to take the pic of the che cheong fun poured with the sauce. Hmm, I guess you know the reason -- it's finish before I can resist the temptation to eat it and take the picture of the food. Poor reader...

This is another plague spot of my weight -- Chicken Rice !!! Hmm...the chicken is cripsy outside and soft inside, the taste of the chicken is just at the right point -- a little more or less monosodium glutamate will make it distasteful. (what a lame description, but I seriously mean it!!!)

*****************************************************************************************

So, as what we planned long time ago, I headed to KL for the X'mas celebration. Due to the tight budget -- as I claimed -- I only going there on 24th's morning. Well, it's a wise choice to make, after I saw what's on the floor of our hotel room's floor. Shoes, bags, clothes, pants....everything punch-drunk everywhere. I barely see the ruby red carpet. Obviously, they had OVERSPEND.

Well, not everyone overspend. Some girls who had found their toff -- in a proper way, but in Menglembuen's way -- big water hose. Those girls get to spend now and then, buy whatever block their sight, whatever they like or suddenly like it, and hate it once get the bill settled. Left us who got no feeder -- eat poorly, talk poorly, shop poorly, and laugh poorly. Ha Ha ( in a poor tone)

Whether is fate or fake...the no-feeder-poorer are clutched together, doing exercise that won't take us a single penny ...in One U.
Obviously, the other are going for their endless shopping event, AGAIN.

A bag in my maybe-buy-list.

The poor one will have their mind going insane, sometimes. I grabbed this shiny emerald green SEED bag when the sometime hits me. Anyway, the bag is nice, and hopefully I'll be in love with it -- till the day I found my feeder...Holy crop, how come I got such a damn evil thinking...

At 24th's night, is the time we all waiting for. We had our dinner inside the room -- obviously not room service, we are too poor for that -- that is maggie mee. We had planned well for the night : cut-in singlet-like uniform, phantom mask...and last but not least, our snowflake spray. Blame it to the feeder group leader -- Mr. Raymond Lim. Because of his generous way of buying the spray, we bought more snowflake spray as if we really want to attack people so badly. =.= Bad thing.


We, in our best condition before the event -- not an event to be exact, is more like the whole StarHill area is crowded by all the sleepless people from all around the city, some from other states(just like us :P), and some foreign tourist(or maybe labour?), have nowhere to turn to and finally ended up in the area.

People shouting, yelling, screaming... It sounds horrible, but in fact, it did. At the early stage, when people are still in their conscious mind, we can still spray the snowflake-liked foam to the passerby -- or people who are intended to be spray all over their body, as a sign of most welcomed people. And yes, we are the most welcomed people, in our description -- centre of attraction~~ Many of the tourist requested to take our pictures or take pictures with us. Hopefully, we did contributes some effort to make StarHill another spot of attraction for the celebration of any sort of event.. AS IF WE REALLY CARE! Ha ha (not to forget, in a poor tone again.)

However, when the time slowly crossing 12am, people start to lost their self-awareness. Whenever vehicles are passing by the road, people rush to it and spray the foam at the wheatherboard of the car, trying to block the view of the driver. Well, we can simply say they are mischievous, but when they pull up the wiper...that's really malefic! We can't bear with it, and we put back the thing for the driver, and the insane people start to look at us like : This is non of your business. But what we want is fun, not accident that can ruin our fun. Be clear, people.

There is total of 10 people, and there's only 1 room available, with 2 single bed at the last night... So, who's fast, who's getting the bed!!! We eventually divide the bed into 2, one is the softer upper part, and the other harder lower part. At last, we only managed to make it 3 sleepable bed, due to the straitness of our room... 10 people divided by 3 bed = 1 bed 3 people + 1 sleep on the floor. And the unlucky 1 goes to JeanMun's feeder, how pity he was!!!

Well, everyone was worry about the snoring of Raymond, at first. Like I said, at first. So, at the end, it turns out to be I'm the one releasing those euphonic, desirable, fair-sounding rhythm... How lucky they are, got the chance to hear the sound that I can't hear...


So, during the time we are in Times Square, SiGee and me don't feel like want to spend our money on those TimeSquare-ish outfits. Not meant to be peacockish, but instead of spending money on those so-called cheap price( in fact they are not cheap at all) outfits, who don't we just save our money and buy at-least-heard-before-branded clothes during the Mega Sales season? At least, we won't feel frustrated when we wash our clothes over and over again, in the end turns out that the clothes can't be wear anymore, due to the poor quality of it.
Okok, too far away my chatter had lead me to. Anyway, SiGee and me gone for the fish spa thingy -- first time ever in our life. When we first sink our leg into the pond, no fish dare to come to us -- or maybe our leg are too healthy and no dead skin at all...But after a while, those small fishies start to bite us, and we scream like hell...Okay, not we, I. It's so itchy, and the nauseaness creeping all over my body -- It make me feel like I'm a dead body, and it doesn't feel good AT ALL!!! After some times, when I just about to feel comfortable with fish-eating-my-meat feeling...the time ended. 15 bucks flied away. Dang.





These are picies we took in a shop selling party equipment in Times Square. Nothing much to say about these, as the pictures itself tell more than the descriptive words... Only one conclusion to make: every grimace mask fit Yunn's face PERFECTLY.


What a sarcastic board. Without those produk cetak rompak, Petaling Street will be nothing. Seriously, those are the attraction of the street, and officially it should be called our ChinaTown in M'sia. So, ChinaTown = CetakRompak Town. But who cares, tourist still flooded there.

Queen of MaCi...nice MaCi...but too expensive I think. 5 bucks for 20 MaCi, not my food. =.=

So, after all the fun, should be the time for study, huh???Wait wait wait...there's still New Year Eve to come...maybe after that, deal?

DEAL.

2 comments:

cendolpulut said...

Guess what, I was born in Mentakab. To be exact : Hospital Besar Mentakab.

Anderson said...

Gosh u must be kidding!!!
That's so plesantly surprised!!!
Haha....