Monday, March 16, 2009

Reminder

"No, your race is a constraint.
Imagine.
We'r going to the mosque on Friday.
And you?
You're drinking alcohol.
And we?
You're eating Bah Kut Teh.
What about us?
We well-dressed in Baju Melayu.
And you?
Think about it."

Ting, 2009

I've never thought my love story can be so tiring. There's lots of drama involved, and it doesn't seems to lead to a happy ending. It's not my type of love. And seriously, I've done far better than a normal Anderson could get credit for. I'm really fed up now.

You're telling me, the biggest mistake I've made is -- born as a chinese. You're telling me, I've done nothing wrong, but to have single eyelid, fair skin, and speaks with weirdo's language are among the blank walls I've built. You're telling me, as if I choosed for all I've done.

As if I have a choice.

Ya, I have.

I should never fall for you. I should have stay away from you. I should have keep telling myself, you are different with me: You are a Muslim, and I'm a Chinese. I should have remember that, you are attached. I should have remember that, you are too good to be true for me.

But I didn't. I indulged myself obsessed in your field. And just when I was having so much fun on peek at you and everything, a friend of mine told me that.

Ya, I should have awake now.
I should.


No comments: